Louisiana Society of Professional
is organized for the following purposes of enhancing the status
of the Land Surveying Profession by:
Looking for a Professional Land Surveyor?
- Maintaining high technical and cultural standards for entrance to the Society.
- Cooperating with educational institutions in the maintenance of high standards of
education in Land Surveying.
- Requiring a high standard of ethical practice by members of the Society.
- Aiding in the adoption of high standard of attainment for the granting of the legal
right to practice Professional Land Surveying.
- Fostering among students of Land Surveying the study of philosophy and history,
tradition and achievement, duties and social functions of the Land Surveying Profession.
- Encouraging the personal and professional development of young Land Surveyors.
- Supporting activities looking to the increased employment of Land Surveyors and
seeking new opportunities for service in Land Surveying.
The Louisiana Professional Engineering and Land Surveying Board (LAPELS) maintains
an online list of Licensed Surveyors. Go to LAPELS.com
click on "Roster of Individuals & Firms". Fill out the form Class -"PLS", type in
the city, state, and submit. From the list produced, click on the License Number
of the individual. The phone company should be able to provide a number based on
the surveyor's name and address.